Your first time visiting us may be due to you suffering from pain and discomfort but the best time to start chiropractic care is before you experience pain. Pain is often the last symptom to surface when you have a spinal health problem. Consider a cavity in your tooth. Does it hurt when it first develops or only after it has become serious? How about heart disease? Regardless of whether you are talking about cancer, heart disease, diabetes, stress or problems with the spine, pain is usually the last thing to appear.
At Matlock Road Chiropractic we are trained to detect early signs of degeneration-long before any symptoms occur.
OUR 3-PHASE PROCESS TO BETTER HEALTH
In this first phase of care, the main goal is to reduce your symptoms. Most people are under the assumption that if they don’t feel any pain that there is nothing wrong with them – that they are healthy. Unfortunately, pain is a very poor indicator of health. In fact, pain and other symptoms frequently only appear after a disease or other condition has become advanced.
Phase 2:During the corrective care phase, muscles and other tissues are allowed to heal more completely, thereby helping prevent injury. Most chiropractors regard the elimination of symptoms as the easiest part of a persons care. If all that the chiropractor does is to reduce the pain and stop there, the chances of the condition recurring are much greater. In order to prevent a rapid recurrence of symptoms, it is necessary to continue receiving care even though your symptoms are gone.
Once your body has fully healed, it is important to come in for periodic adjustments to avoid problems in the future. Usually, this only requires a quick visit to the chiropractor, based on your lifestyle and goals.
- Some causes for back pain include:
- Bulging and/or herniated discs
- Muscle spasms
- Subluxations of the vertebrae
- Strain and/or injury to the muscles or ligaments supporting the back
- Small fractures to the spine from osteoporosis
Back pain is a common injury that can cause great pain and interfere with the daily functions of your life. Prior to the sudden onset of a back injury there is generally a pre-existing weakness within the internal structure of the spine. This weakness will then become vulnerable, triggering pain by the lifting of a heavy object, a sudden, quick movement or the sitting in a position for too long of a period.
- Headaches and chiropractic care go hand-in-hand. While chiropractic care is not necessarily an option for treating all of these types of headaches, it is a great option for preventing future headaches. With regular adjustments, chiropractic patients can maintain proper spinal health and slow or stagnate the buildup of muscle tension. In addition to spinal manipulation, chiropractors can often provide patients with exercises they can perform on their own as well as tips to practice better overall posture!
- Symptoms of neck pain include:
- General pain in the neck area accompanied by some stiffness.
- Pain may extend down between the shoulder blades, out along the arms or up into the head.
- The muscles in the neck are tense and sore to the touch.
- A prickling or tingling sensation may occur in the arms and fingers
Dr. Greenberg will have you undergo an examination that can include: testing the range of movement of the neck, testing for trapped nerves, examination of the muscles and movement of the spine and neck. In some cases, x-rays or blood work may be performed to determine an exact diagnosis.
Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy
Chiropractic Care in pregnancy is an essential ingredient to your prenatal care choices. A large percent of pregnant women experience back pain during pregnancy. This is due to the rapid growth of the baby and interference to your body’s normal structural adaptations to that growth. Chiropractic care during pregnancy can relieve and even prevent the common discomforts experienced in pregnancy. Specific adjustments eliminate these stresses in your spine, restore balance to your pelvis and results in greater comfort for your baby, too!
A Healthy, Natural, Easy, Joyful Pregnancy and Delivery is available to you through chiropractic care during your pregnancy?